Hot Orange Spice Cider
- Ready In:
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 5 whole cloves
- 6 cups apple cider
- 6 bags apple cinnamon spice tea
- 1 slice orange rind, for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain out whole cloves and tea bags.
- Transfer hot cider to pre-heated thermos containers.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish with orange rind.
- For a party service, double the recipe and place in your crockpot on high for 2-3 hours.
- Tie the cloves and tea bags in a piece of cheesecloth before adding to the crockpot so the they can be easily removed without straining.
Join The Conversation
I thought this was delicious and actually have drank most of it myself today. Temperatures are falling and DH has been working outside most of the day, so I thought it would be just the thing to warm him up. Unfortunately, he puckered throughout his whole cup, which he did drink, but afterwards his stomach started bothering him. He is sensitive to acidic foods, so I won't be serving this to him again. My youngest DD drank a cup and wasn't interested in having any more although she did say it was good. She's another one of those who prefers the super sweet stuff. Guess I'll just make a small batch for myself next time. I didn't have any Apple Cinnamon tea on hand, but did have Cinnamon tea so I substituted that. Thanks for sharing Sarah!