Tangerine Chicken Stir-Fry (Gluten/Casein Free)
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 cups snow peas
- 4 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 4 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable cocktail or 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tangerine, juice of
- 1 tangerine, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 large tangerines
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- Heat oil in a wok or fry pan. Saute chicken until almost cooked through.
- Add pepper and snow peas to the pan, and fry until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Mix together aminos, juice, water, paste, zest and juice of tangerine and cornstarch, then add tot he pan and stir until thickened.
- Peel and cut tangerines into segments, and add to pan with bean sprouts. Cover for a few minutes if you like your sprouts on the more tender side (as I do).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have celiac disease and upon diagnosis knew that I (and everyone who eats gluten-free around me) will NEVER be deprived. I'm also intolerant to casein, and all of my recipes are gluten and casein free. I used to get sick from garlic and onions, so if they are missing from recipes - throw them in! I read cookbooks like novels, have an addition to thinking about food, and am equally obsessed with fitness and nutrition.