Tangerine Chicken Stir-Fry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I love tangerines and their tart taste! I found this recipe in Good Housekeeping, and with the chicken, rice and vegetables in it, it's a meal-in-one.
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 tangerines
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice (10-minute type)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup water
- From one tangerine, with vegetable peeler, remove peel in strips. Using small knife, remove and discard any white pith from peel. Cut peel into thin strips and set aside. Into 1-cup liquid measuring cup, squeeze 1/2 cup juice from tangerines. Stir in sherry, ginger, sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch; set juice mixture aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Add chicken and toss to coat; set chicken mixture aside.
- Cook rice as label directs. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil on medium-high heat until hot. Add peel and cook 1 minute or until lightly browned. With tongs or slotted spoon, transfer peel to large bowl.
- To same skillet, add broccoli, carrots and green onions; stir to coat with oil. Add water; cover and cook 4 minutes, stirring once. Uncover and cook 1 minute longer or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Transfer vegetables to bowl with peel.
- To same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons vegetable oil; reduce heat to medium. Add chicken mixture and cook 6-7 minutes or until chicken is golden and no longer pink throughout, stirring frequently. Transfer chicken to bowl with cooked vegetables.
- Add juice mixture to skillet and heat to boiling on medium-high; boil 1 minute, stirring until browned bits are loosened. Return chicken and vegetables to skillet and cook 1 minute to heat through, stirring.
- To serve, spoon brown rice into 4 shallow dinner bowls; top with chicken and vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION