Honey-Citrus Chicken Stir-Fry
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch strips (thawed, if using frozen)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (plain vinegar is fine, too)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, cut up (I used sweet onion, orange pepper, and broccoli)
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- To make the sauce, in a bowl mix honey, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large wok or skillet. Add veggies and cook until tender-crisp (about 3 or 4 minutes). Remove veggies from wok.
- Add more oil if needed before adding chicken. Cook chicken for 3 or 4 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Push the chicken to the sides of the pan and pour the sauce into the center (give the sauce a quick mix before doing this).
- Allow the sauce to bubble and thicken, while gently stirring. Then return the veggies to the pan and cook until heated through and all ingredients are coated with glaze.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a great weeknight recipe - quick and easy with just a few ingredients. I completely forgot to add the vinegar (and ended up adding a couple extra splashes of OJ to thin it out, whoops!) but it still tasted great. I make it with thin sliced chicken breast, orange pepper, snap peas, onion and broccoli and served it over rice. I agree with the previous reviewer that you'd need to double up the sauce and add more meat/veggies than the recipe calls for if for feeding more than 3 - 4 people as a main course. Will definitely make this again, plus the vinegar. :)
This is a very nice main meal that is pretty easy to prepare too which is a great bonus! We loved the flavor of the orange juice sauce - just wish there was a bit more of it - definitely will be doubling or tripling the sauce next time as we like to have some poured over our rice. I used 2 c broccoli, 1 1/2 carrots and 1/2 c sweet onion as my veggies. Very nice dish. Made for Bargain Basement tag game in Cooking Games with Friends forum.