Tabasco Mac and Cheese
photo by NW Cajun Foodie
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces corkscrew macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Cook macaroni in a large saucepan according to package directions; drain and return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add milk and half-and-half; cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until melted. Stir in salt and TABASCO® Sauce.
- Pour over warm macaroni in saucepan and mix well; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with additional TABASCO® Sauce, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!