This recipe was given to me, upon request! We have a fresh Mex grill place here that uses sweet rice. This recipe is very similar to this restaurants. Use it on your fresh tortilla salads, or in burritos, on the side, any way you have it, it is darn good (and sweet!) NOTE: The amount of sugar makes it very sweet. You can alter the amount of sugar if you would like, just remember it is supposed to be sweet! Also, let the sugar dissolve in the stock so you won't have sugar that has sunk to the bottom of the pan.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 - 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 of a white onion, chopped (add more or less to your taste)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄3 cups white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- Put a little oil in bottom of pan (maybe about 1/2-1 tablespoon).
- Saute chopped onion until translucent. Add the chopped cilantro (no big stems) and saute a minute more.
- Add the rice, cooking until it is light brown (being careful not to burn).
- Combine the chicken broth and sugar, letting sugar dissolve. Then stir into rice until combined. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and let cook on low, med-low until rice is done, about 25-30 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.