Sweet Potato Pudding Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cooked sweet potato
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Toss raisins and rum in a small bowl and let stand.
- Whisk flour, nutmeg and salt in another bowl.
- Mash sweet potato in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Add coconut milk, 1 c brown sugar and butter.
- Beat until combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until evenly moistened.
- Stir in the raisins and any remaining rum.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- TOPPING: Combine coconut, 2 T brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of the cake.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean--1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan and remove the ring.
- Cool at room temperature for 1 hour, then refrigerate until cold (about 3 hrs).
- Prep time does not include the cooling and refrigerating.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!