Sweet Potato Balls
photo by Rhonda
- Ready In:
- 8 -10 sweet potatoes
- 10 -15 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 2⁄3 cup real butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (dark or light)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup walnuts
- Cook potatoes until tender, peel.
- You can also substitute 2 Large (39 oz each) cans of precooked Yams (drain very well).
- Put potatoes in a bowl and add the cinnamon and nutmeg. Mash well using a large fork or potato masher.
- Grab a small handful of potatoes and form into a ball (about the size of a tennis ball).
- Push a large marshmallow into the center of each potato ball.
- Roll each ball into cornflake crumbs until well coated and lay them side by side into a greased/sprayed cake pan.
- Cover and refrigerate while making the caramel sauce.
- Melt butter in a saucepan on low heat, add brown sugar and salt.
- Stir & cook on low heat about 10 -15 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk, cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over potato balls.
- Add mini marshmallows on top.
- Top with crushed walnuts or pecans.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and well browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!