This kugel is a must on our Holiday table. It's my most requested recipe. There are no measurements for the nutmeg and cinnamon...I just sprinkle a light dusting on the top of the noodles prior to mixing it all together. The photos I've posted show the kugel before baking, after baking and sliced and ready for serving.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 (1 lb) package noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cottage cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce (I use cinnamon flavored)
- 1 cup white raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- frosted flakes, crushed (enough to cover kugel)
- butter, melted (enough to moisten the flakes)
- Mix drained noodles with eggs, cream cheese (see note), cottage cheese, applesauce, raisins, sugar and spices.
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Add noodle mixture.
- Topping: Mix frosted flakes with enough butter to moisten.
- Sprinkle on top of kugel.
- Cover kugel with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer checking frequently so top does not burn.
- If it is getting to crisp on top, cover with foil till done.
- NOTE: Please DO NOT omit the cream cheese and nutmeg as mentioned in the review. They are an integral part of the recipe.