Sweet and Spicy Barbecued Brisket
- Ready In:
- 5 1⁄2 lbs fresh flat-cut beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Sweet and Spicy Barbeque Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Pat brisket dry with paper towels; transfer to a roasting pan. In cup, mix paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, black pepper, coriander, and cumin; use to rub all over brisket.
- Refrigerate brisket at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- In bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered indirect grilling over medium-low heat. Place brisket in center of grill, fat side up.
- Cover grill and cook 4 1/2 to 5 hours or until very tender (internal temp of at least 170°F), brushing both sides of brisket with sauce every 15 minutes during the last hour of grilling.
- Note: If using a charcoal grill, place a drip pan under brisket. You will need to replenish the coals every hour.
- Thinly slice brisket across the grain to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!