Swedish Meatballs Low Carb
photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
- Mix meat and egg together, set aside.
- Saute oil and onions until translucent, about 5 minute Add celery and cook 4 minute.
- Meanwhile put the stock, bouillon and garlic in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add onion mixture, allspice and salt and pepper to the meat. Work well with your hands.
- Form into 1 in balls and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. You should have about 30-40 meatballs.
- Slowly add meatballs, 1 at a time to the boiling stock.Add peppercorns at this time.
- Let meatballs cook 20 minute.
- Remove meatballs with a slotted spoon and and set aside.
- Strain the stock and put back into the pot over med-high heat. Reduce for 10 minute.
- Turn off heat and add cream cheese, whisking until well combined.
- Pour over meatballs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We enjoyed these, tho I have to say that I've never had swedish meatballs, so I have nothing to compare them too. I'd be careful with the stock and bouillon cube; mine seemed a little salty. I also had a bit of a problem, as my sauce didn't want to thicken. I just added a tsp. of cornstarch to some of the hot sauce (stirring and mixing well) and added it back in to the rest of the sauce. That did the trick! These went together relatively easy, and I enjoyed the flavor/tasting experience. Thanks for sharing, Elainemay. Made for ZWT.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My Family and I moved to South Africa at the beginning of 2007 to be missionaries. My Husband is the Pastor of a church in Eden Park, a township in the Jo'burg area. We are having a great time. My kids love it (3 of them, 1 born here). We have got to do many exciting things( pet lion cubs, feed giraffes, eat Zebra(gross!)and other meats(Warthog was surprisingly the best, go figure) and swim on a beach with penguins, to name a few). I have always loved to bake but just got into cooking since moving over here. There were a lot of things I couldn't find over here(and still can't) that we were wanting so I started searching for good recipes for everything from sausage, salad dressing and root beer,to enchilada sauce, Macayo's baja sauce(posted), and Applebees hot wings! A fellow missionary turned me on to this site and My husband got me a membership for this last birthday. I am loving it!