Super Spinach Pesto
This has been a great recipe that uses spinach instead of the traditional basil as its base, making it cheaper to make. Great in homemade tomato soup.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 garlic clove (a big one)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- .Mix all ingredients in a food processer except the spinach.
- Add spinach last, and process until smooth.
- Serve with crackers or in tomato soup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I never thought about using spinach in pesto! I had a some basil as well & used it as well as the spinach. I used pine nuts since that is what I had & I 86'd the dried oregano. I figure using the spinach...it's an extra health boost! Will continue to do that from now on even if I have tons of basil. This is great. Thanks!