Super Simple Beef Stew
photo by quirkycook
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- 1 lb stew meat
- 3 stalks celery, cubed
- 3 -4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 3 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 16 ounces tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces water
- 4 teaspoons tapioca
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place meat in the bottom of a 4 quart crock pot. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add veggies in layers, season each layer.
- Cover meat and veggies with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- If stew is too soupy for your taste, sprinkle in some more tapioca and stir until desired consistency. This can be done up to 1/2 hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to putter around in the kitchen. While some people find it stressful to come home after a long day and cook, I find it relaxing. I'm a good cook and an even better baker. I've been using this website for years and have decided that it's time to share some of my favorite recipes. I hope others find these recipes as helpful as I have found theirs!