Sunflower-Veggie Tofu Burgers
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups firm tofu, drained and grated (about 1/2 block)
- 3⁄4 cup grated raw beet (about 1 two-inch diameter beet)
- 3⁄4 cup grated raw carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (any age works well...i usually use medium)
- 1⁄4 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sunflower seeds
- in a small saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. reduce to a simmer and cook rice until tender, but not mushy. (about 20 minutes) when rice is cooked, remove from heat and stir in the minced garlic.
- while rice cooks, prepare and combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. add the cooked rice and garlic mixture to the bowl, and mash everything together well.
- pressing firmly, form mixture into 6 patties.
- heat the oil on a well seasoned griddle or non-stick pan, and cook the burgers over medium heat until lightly browned. (about 6 minutes per side).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!