Sundried Tomato Gnocchi
photo by Kimberley Quinlan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 lbs medium russet potatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- pierce potatoes bake until tender 45min- 1 hour depending on size.
- Let stand on conter to cool for 15 min.
- Scoop insides of potatoes out push through a potatoe ricer /or Mash till smooth.
- While mashing potatoes ( Soak sundried tomatoes in Bioling water for 15 - 20 min . Place egg yolk in food processor drain tomatoes and add to egg and mix till smooth .
- Pour tomatoe puree over Potatoes , sprinkle 1 cup of flour over mixture , Using a spatula mix ( it will not look like a dough at this point ) it will resemble biscut like texture , gently squeeze dough and pat dough.
- Do not over work dough.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces , working on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll each piece into a long snake like shape 1/2 -1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 3/4 inch pieces use your finger to make an indentation in the center of the Gnocchi , Place each pice on a lightly floured baking sheet , repeat with remaining dough.
- Put pot of boiling water on , adjust water to a gentle boil add about 1/4 of the Gnocchi at a time when Gnocchi floats to the top remove with slotted spoon ,.
- Return water to a gentle boil between batches.
- transfer to cookie sheet lined with parchmant paper /wax paper.
- cook remaining pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have been cooking since i was 4 My grandma would put me on a stool over a gas range to make gravy on Sunday dinners. Making Gravy and pies since 4 years old and cooking ever since . and enjoy it as a hobby. and love trying new and wonderful receipes. My favorit cookbook is one from a scool that has everyones favorite receipies in it.</p>