Sugar-Free Chocolate Cream Pie (Diabetic)
photo by Bobbiann
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa or 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 3/4 teaspoon liquid stevia or 1/2 teaspoon pure stevia
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shells
- whipped cream
- In a saucepan, mix together cocoa, stevia, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir milk in gradually.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Cool 10 minutes. Pour into pie shell; refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
Questions & Replies
Tried this morn. Was confused with your portion size on Stevia. There is a 4 in the margin but then you say 3/4 teaspoons of Stevia. Are you saying 3 to 4 teaspoons of Stevia or three quarters of a teaspoon? I ended up using 1 teaspoon of Stevia and it was bitter. Guess you meant 3 to 4 teaspoons. Not being familiar with Stevia, I can't believe it would take 3 to 4 teaspoons. Oh well, could someone please explain. Also, no way would my pudding boil in 1 minute on medium as stated in the recipe. With cold milk and medium heat, it wouldn't come to a boil even after 10 minutes. Finally turned up electric burner to almost High and finally got it to thicken. Way too much confusion in this recipe.
Diabetic? You're kidding right? I see cornstarch and white flour in the ingredients. And whipped cream? No. No. No. The ONLY thing this recipe has going for it is Stevia. I won't bother with it, but I would try using pre-cooked walnut or pecan pie shells, use a little xantham gum instead of the cornstarch with a little extra milk and sugar free cool whip. There's some carbs in the milk, but they should be acceptable.