Rice-A-Roni Pork Chops
photo by pretteyes196
- Ready In:
2 stuffed pork chops
- 2 thick pork chops
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) envelope , original pork shake n bake
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) box Rice-A-Roni
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 2 -3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry the pork chops. Then create a pocket in each pork chop for the stuffing. Prepare the rice a roni as directed on the box. I used the Broccoli Au Gratin flavor but you can use any flavor you prefer. Coat the pork chops with the shake n bake and then stuff them with the rice. They do not hold all the rice so I set aside the excess rice for a side dish. Then place the pork chops on a baking dish that was sprayed with butter flavored spray. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the pork chops are baking make the mushroom sauce. Saute the mushrooms in butter. Add the white wine and flour to make a roue. Finally add the chicken broth and stir. The sauce will thicken. Add the shake n bake to flavor the sauce. If it is too thick for your taste then add more chicken broth.
- Once the pork chops are done put them on a plate and cover in the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Love to cook, garden, fish and camp<img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /></p>