photo by Charlotte J
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (solid type) or 1/2 cup margarine (solid type)
- 1 cups crushed fresh strawberries or (300 g) package thawed frozen unsweetened berries
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (85 g) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Dream Whip
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat your oven 350°F.
- Combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Press into 8-inch square baking tin.
- Bake until a very light golden colour about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepot place two cups crushed fresh or thawed strawberries.
- Add 1/2 cup white sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add Jello powder and stir well until dissolved.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Prepare Dream Whip dessert topping according to the package directions using the 1/2 cup milk and teaspoons vanilla which it calls for.
- Fold half of the prepared Dream Whip into the slightly thickened strawberry mixture and pour into cooled crust.
- Chill in fridge until set. (This should be about one hour or so).
- Beat the icing sugar into the remaining dessert topping and spread over the set layer.
- Chill until serving time.