Strawberry Pie II
- Ready In:
- Arrange half of strawberries in baked pastry shell.
- Mash remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer mixture until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over berries in pastry shell. Chill for several hours before serving.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Serve each slice of pie with a dollop of whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.