Strawberry Pie II
- Ready In:
- 9 inches pie crusts, baked
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Arrange half of strawberries in baked pastry shell.
- Mash remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water.
- Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer mixture until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over berries in pastry hell.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Serve each slice of pie with a dollop of whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.