- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 8 ounces strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup strawberry, finely chopped (plus any accumulated juices)
- Preheat oven to 350*. Prepare muffin tin(s) by greasing or using paper liners.
- Mix oats and yogurt, and set aside (this will soften the oats).
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar.
- In another bowl, slightly beat the egg, and mix in the honey, applesauce, lemon juice, and extracts. When combined, add in the yogurt/oat mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring just until moistened.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups with batter. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool a few minutes before removing to wire rack to completely cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!