Strawberry Creamy-Dreamy Cake
photo by Crafty Lady 13
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened strawberries, pureed
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened and divided
- 8 ounces white chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 (8 ounce) container cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- sliced fresh strawberries (to garnish)
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake the cake according to the package directions, except substitute the 1-1/2 cups of pureed strawberries for the water, and add 1 extra egg (if the cake mix calls for 2 eggs, add 3 eggs) and mix in the 8 ounces of softened cream cheese (set aside the remaining 4 ounces of cream cheese for topping) beat until well combined.
- Pour/divide into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown (a toothpick inserted in the middle will NOT come out clean as this cake is SO moist).
- Let cool fully before frosting.
- For the frosting; heat the whipping cream until JUST beginning to boil.
- Pour it over the white baking chocolate (chopped), and add the remaining 4 ounces of cream cheese; mix well, and let cool completely.
- Once cool gently fold into the Cool Whip thawed topping.
- Frost the cake, and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The name says it all. This cake is delicious. The frosting is really the topper, no pun intended :) It's got a wonderful texture and thickness that although it covers nicely, is not so thick that you have to dig through it to to get to the cake like with so many other types of frostings. This is a wonderful recipe, it's simple and easy, but looks like you spent hours making it. Thanks for the wonderful creation!
Oh my gosh. I wish I could give this cake more stars. It was friggin' AWESOME. I made this for my aunt's bday and everyone absolutely LOVED it. It was sooooo good. I especially loved the cream cheese in the cake. The white chocolate in the frosting was delightful. I too made the cake w/ strawberry cake mix. The only problem I had was that the frosting wasn't as thick as I had hoped. I made the frosted cake and chilled it over night hoping it would thicken up and it was still soft to the touch almost 24 hrs later. Between the cakes, on top of the center frosting, I added sliced fresh strawberries and then also used them to cover the whole cake for even better taste and pretty presentation.