Strawberries in Orange Butterscotch Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- Hull strawberries, and if large, slice in half.
- Melt butter in a medium sized pan, add brown sugar and cook until sugar is just starting to melt.
- Add the orange juice and rind, and cook stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the cream.
- Add the strawberries and warm through gently.
- (Take care not to overheat strawberries as they can otherwise become acidic in taste.) Warm brandy separately, light, and pour over strawberries.
- Serve over vanilla icecream or crepes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this as directed for our valentine's day meal and served over ice cream. My husband and I liked it but thought there were too many flavors..when the sauce melted into the ice cream it tasted like a dreamsicle (which isn't a bad thing) but then the strawberries were tart and the sauce was a little greasy...Don't know maybe just us but if I made it again I would either leave off the strawberries or the oranges and reduce the butter.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I was raised in a family that loves to travel, meet people from other countries, and taste new foods. We are quite 'international' - my brother's wife is Indian, my sister's husband is Swiss and my son's wife is of Swedish and Croatian origin. My little dogs are German - miniature Dachshunds.</p> 8725212"