Stove Top Macaroni 'n Cheese
I love Alton Brown, and this recipe is why. Creamy and easy.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente and drain.
- Return to the pot and melt in the butter.
- Toss to coat.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard.
- Stir into the pasta and add the cheese.
- Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow! This is super creamy, thick, rich, quick, and delicious. Love the flavor of the sharp cheddar. I'm careful about raw eggs and the family, so I cooked the pasta mixture longer, before adding the cheese, until it was definitely cooked through. Will make this again! Thanks for sharing the recipe!Reply
see 58 more