Sticky Rice with Mango and Lime
- Ready In:
- Rinse rice well under cold water, then drain.
- Place rice and water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Allow rice to simmer until almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat and pour coconut cream over rice.
- Cover rice and allow to stand for 5-7 minutes or until coconut cream has been absorbed.
- Stir sugar through rice and set aside.
- Place banana leaves in boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until they are soft.
- Divide rice into 6 portions.
- Spread half of each portion over the middle of the banana leaf.
- Top rice with a sprinkling of mango, lime rind and juice, and palm sugar.
- Cover filling with remaining portions of rice.
- Roll up leaves and secure with toothpicks.
- Place leaf packages on a hot barbecue or char grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until rice is heated through.
- Serve warm or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
(READ MORE ABOUT ME AND MORE RECIPES AT vanessafrida.livejournal.com) Thanks for clicking on my name and finding out more about myself. I stumbled upon 'zaar by chance, and I have been hooked ever since. It is just so much easier surfing online for a recipe then flipping through a zillion cookbooks. I am a big fan of healthy meal, and i love to use heaps of garlic in my food. Guess it is the asian blood in me. :) And I am a real sweet tooth, and I'm constantly on a lookout for cake and biscuit recipes. Have a look at the recipes i have posted, and tell me what you think. Thanks!