Summer squash is a Southern tradition- but we always steam ours, instead of cooking in oil. Use small, tender squash, and enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb yellow squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper (such as Lawry's)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine sliced squash & chopped onion in a wire steamer basket, place over gently boiling water. Cover, & let steam.
- 10-12 minutes, until squash is fork-tender. Remove squash and onion to a large serving dish.
- Immediately stir in margarine, pepper, and sugar. Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation