photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 600 g beef round steak (4 small steaks)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Vegeta, natur (or similar spice mixture)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 350 g onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 400 ml beef stock, from 1/2 cube
- Coat each steak with corn flour mixed with Vegeta Natur. Brown the meat in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Transfer the meat to an ovenproof casserole dish with a well fitting lid.
- Sprinkle the thyme over the meat and add the bay leaf.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and fry the onions and the garlic until they turn a rich brown.
- Stir in the flour and slowly add the stock, constantly stirring to make a smooth sauce.
- Pour this over the meat and cover. Cook in the oven 160˚C for about 2 hours. Do not remove the lid before the cooking time is over.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green vegetables of your choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!