- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips, I only use 1/2 the bag and it's enough for me
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 8 x 8.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and the brown sugar til light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and extracts and beat again til combined.
- Sprinkle the flour over the wet ingredients.
- Then sprinkle the soda, salt, and cocoa evenly over the flour.
- Beat til just combined.
- Carefully spread half the dough into the pan.
- Sprinkle and gently press the white chocolate chip pieces into the dough.
- Carefully spread the rest of the dough over the top.
- Bake about 25 minutes (if using 8 x 8).
- Let cool and cut into bars.
- Enjoy :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married and a SAHM of 4 kiddos...I have been a collector of recipes since I was a little girl. When browsing zaar I can not resist clicking on any recipe that is a 'family tradition', 'grandmas', or 'clipped from the paper 30 years ago' and anything that has the word 'lemon' in it. I am trying real hard to incorporate a healthier way of eating into our lives and zaar has been a tremendous tool in accomplishing that. I love trying lots of different recipes on zaar as well as just browsing. One of the things I love about it here is the ability to find first rate recipes that really make an impact on what I make for my family. I have found several recipes that are now becoming a 'tradition' in our home...and I really value them!