Squirrel Pot Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 4 cups beef broth
- fresh ground black pepper, salt to taste
- 1 squirrel, cleaned
- 1 (12 ounce) can mexicorn or (12 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pastry for double-crust pie
- Combine the onion, celery, garlic, broth, pepper and squirrel in a large pot and bring to a boil; simmer until meat is very tender and easily removed from bones. Debone the meat and set aside; researve 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Fit the bottom crust into a pie pan.
- Combine the meat, vegetables reserved broth and cornstarch in a large bowl and mix well; spoon the mixture into the pie shell. Top with the second crust, press the edges to seal and cut vents in the top for steam to escape. Bake at 350 degrees until crust is browned, about 1 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"Food writer, recipe editor, gear tester, restaurant reviewer in the US. Author, "Southern Cooking for Company" (HarperCollins 2015); :The All-New Square-Foot Gardening Cookbook"; "Seductive Tables for Two," and many other books, usually for other people, companies and groups. You probably have one of my books on your shelf. I love to talk about food."
Join The Conversation