Spreadable Roasted Garlic
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, cut off top 1/2 inch from garlic to expose cloves.
- Place each head in the middle of a 6-inch square of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over top of each.
- Wrap garlic loosely in foil.
- Set packets of garlic on a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until garlic is soft enough to squeeze out of cloves to spread onto bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
very nice. I ended up putting all the cut sides down on the foil, which resulted in some yummy hard/chewy bits in my garlic. (next time I want to spread it on bread, I'll make sure the cut ends are up). I'm looking forward to getting better garlic from the farmers market this summer--easier to cut (and bigger) than what I get at the supermarket.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a recently retired San Diego trial attorney and wanna-be professional chef-restauranteur. Why am I so passionate about cooking? I don't know. What I do know is that those who don't cook are missing out on one of life's truly enjoyable experiences! I have a collection of whimsical signs posted above my workbench at home, one of which states: Love people. Cook them tasty food. How true.</p> 8727975"