photo by Hey Jude
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 pint sweet milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature, separated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scald milk (do not boil).
- Stir in butter, cornmeal and salt.
- Cook stirring constantly.
- Until cornmeal comes away from sides of pan and thickens.
- Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- Add beaten egg yolks.
- Mix throughly.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Mix gently but throughly.
- Pour into greased and floured 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake 1 hour or until top is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!