photo by queenbeatrice
- Ready In:
- Cook spinach in salted water according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Sauté onion and celery in butter until onion is soft.
- Into a deep pastry shell spread cottage cheese over bottom.
- Mix spinach with onion mixture and spread over cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese over top.
- Combine eggs, milk, and seasonings and pour over all.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i'm not one to follow recipes to the letter so i threw in some mushrooms and sauteed them with the onion & celery mixture and pretty much followed it from there. the crust was a bit dough-y from the cottage cheese but it sure did taste good. i'd make it again but maybe i'll bake the crust first, just a bit. i used one of those pre-made frozen crusts.
I just happened to have all the ingredients at home for this. I'm sure glad I did. It was delicious. I used fresh washed spinach and popped it in the microwave to wilt it, then chopped it. I substituted some green onions, chopped, that I needed to use up. And like others, I prebaked my shell 10 mins. at 450 F. Definitely, will make it again for us.
A perfect base recipe to start with for any vegetable quiche. I didn't have cottage cheese, so, being the bold substituter that I am, I subbed in ricotta cheese and plain yogurt. I also sprinkled feta and parmesian on top for a nice extra. Next time, I'll add mushrooms and green onions... maybe even some chopped zucchini.