Spinach and Salmon Quiche
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My favorite salmon and spinach quiche. Recipe from Kowalski's.
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 inch) pastry crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 ounces salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 ounces fresh spinach
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- salt and pepper
- Unroll pie crust into 9" pie pan, flute edges. Prick bottom lightly with a fork and freeze crust 10 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium high-heat until shimmering but not smoking. Season fish with salt and pepper, sauté with skin side up until it releases easily from the pan (about 5 minutes). Cool completely and cut into 1" chunks.
- Put a baking sheet in the oven, preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil; sauté onion until softened(about 5 minutes).
- Add spinach, cooking until just wilted (1-2 minutes) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk and 3/4 cup of cheese. Season with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Spread onion and spinach mixture in the bottom of the crust; pour in egg mixture.
- Top with chunks of salmon and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake on preheated sheet pan until filling is just set and pastry is golden about 25 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION