Spinach Fettuccine With Chicken and Broccoli
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch broccoli, cleaned and chopped
- 6 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1/2 T. dried basil)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the broccoli for 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl. In the boiling water, cook the fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add the chicken, salt, oregano, and red pepper and saute until cooked through, 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the skillet, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil; saute the onion and garlic until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the broccoli; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the fettuccine and chicken back to the skillet, then sprinkle with the cheese, black pepper and basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live just outside Iowa City, Iowa... home of the University of Iowa (Go Hawkeyes!). In my former life, I was a Marketing Manager for Ladies' Home Journal magazine, but am now a stay-at-home mom. My husband and I have been married?15 years and have a 12-yr old son, as well as 5-yr old twin boys!!! ?We all love to be in the kitchen! While I tend to rely on recipes, my husband is more of a throw-it-together/experimental kind of cook (it usually turns out great!). I make a weekly menu, but it's never the same. Cookbooks and recipes are a passion, so I always have something new on the menu. That's why I love Food.com so much!