Spinach Artichoke Calzone
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Roll each pizza dough out on a cookie sheet, and halve each cross-wise.
- Spread 1/2 cup mozzarella and up to 1/4 of filling on each rectangle.
- Work on just half of the surface of each rectangle of dough, then fold dough over top of filling and pinch edges firmly to seal. If your dough tears, remove a little of the filling and repair.
- Bake the calzones for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown all over.
- Serve calzones with warm tomato or pizza sauce for dunking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We skipped going to the pizza parlor tonight, so I made these instead.....what a homemade treat! I'd leave out the nutmeg next time and probably try to add a little more mozzerlla cheese in each. We really enjoyed them and they were like what what we buy out, but less fattening! Thanks for a neat recipe.