Roast Vegetable Calzone
photo by Bittersweet Chef
- Ready In:
1 large calzone
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut up the vegetables in large chunks. Toss with olive oil, salt & pepper, and spread evenly on a baking tray.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Dived the fococcia dough in half. Roll out one half of the dough into a large circle that will fit your largest baking tray, approx 18 inches. Score the daough with a fork to avoid bubbling and parbake for 5 minutes in the oven. Allow to cool.
- Once the vegetables have cooled, put them in a large mixing bowl with the cheeses, and mix gently.
- Spread the vegetable/ cheese mix evenly on the parbaked fococcia round. Add a little extra cheese to the top. Egg wash the edge.
- Roll out the other half of the dough into a circle a little larger than the base. Cover the vegetables so that a little hangs over the edge. Roll up the edge of the top dough to the edge of the bottom.
- Egg Wash the top. Sprinkle with mixed herbs and poppyseeds. Place olives around the edge of the calzone for decoration.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until nice and golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Slice between the olives and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!