Spinach and Bacon Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Perfect low carb soup for a quick lunch. This is a very basic soup--you can vary the flavors by adding your favorite fresh herbs. I have even added a beaten egg to the boiling soup, just like in egg drop soup.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- parmesan cheese
- Cut bacon into small pieces with kitchen shears. Place into saucepan with onions, and cook,stirring constantly, until bacon is very crispy.
- Drain most of fat from pan.
- Add spinach and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer to blend flavors for about 4 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION