Spicy Pico De Gallo Chicken Bake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found at Cooking Club of America and posted for Rachel, who is crazy about pico de gallo :)
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons sodium-free seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed chipotle chile (about 2 dried chiles)
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, whichever cut you prefer
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) container pico de gallo or (16 ounce) container fresh salsa, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Grind all rub ingredients in mortar with pestle or in electric coffee grinder until as fine as possible. (Don’t worry if larger pieces remain.).
- Dry chicken with paper towels. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil; sprinkle tops with half of the rub. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Cook chicken, rub-side up, 2 minutes or until browned; turn. Sprinkle with remaining rub; cook 2 minutes or until browned.
- Pour 1 1/3 cups of the pico de gallo into baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon peel; top with chicken. Cover with foil. Bake 10 minutes; drizzle with lemon juice. Bake, covered, an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Serve with remaining 2/3 cup pico de gallo.
- TIP *One tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chiles can be used instead to make a wet rub.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION