Spicy Pepper Plum Jam
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Blend first three ingredients in a blender and transfer to pot with sugar.
- Bring slowly to a boil stirring all the while until sugar dissolves.
- Cook rapidly to the gelling point.
- As it thickens stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- When it's at the gelling point remove and pour into sterilized jars with a 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps and process for 15 minutes in a water bath.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
First of all, I halved the recipe. I didn't have any thai peppers, so I used a couple of jalepenos. They weren't quite spicy enough, so I added about a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper, which was just about perfect- smooth and sweet with a little bite on the back end. The half recipe made four half pints. Looking forward to giving it as a gift with Christmas!