Spicy Grilled Pork Chops
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 6 (6 ounce) lean pork chops, center cut, 1/2 " thick
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Trim pork chops and place them in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine water and next 10 ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the chops.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chops from marinade; reserving marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Cook chops 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've collected recipes since I was a teen. After all these years I'm trying to get all my index cards and clippings, that still sound interesting to me, posted here so that I can find them and eventually make them! <br /> <br />I've posted some of my Mom's recipes. I regret not having paid more attention to my Grandmothers' cooking. They made some dishes that I miss and there were/are no recipes for them. <br /> <br />I have a wonderful DH and 2 wonderful sons. They are thrilled that I found this site since they directly benefit from it! Before finding 'Zaar, I was less of a cook and more of a recipe collector but now I try many more things and we're having more fun in the kitchen (at least I am)! <br /> <br />Thanks for all your ratings, comments and help in the forums AND for posting so many great recipes. You've enhanced my cooking skills and expanded my horizons! I've learned so much. <br /> <br />For fun, I also like to read fiction, travel, see movies and shows, shop (and I love to browse thrift shops and rummage/garage sales for cookbooks, etc.). <br /> <br />The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a new star Brillat-Savarin</p>