Spicy Chinese Noodles
This salad get its kick from ground red pepper. You can go hotter or milder by adjusting the amount of red pepper
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 ounces whole wheat pasta or 6 ounces buckwheat noodles
- 1⁄3 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce or 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- In a large pot of boiling water over medium high heat cook the pasta for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well and place in a large bowl Add the red peppers, scallions, soy sauce or tamari, oil, ginger, nuts, garlic, cilantro, ground red pepper and honey.
- Toss well.
- Let the salad marinate for 1 hour before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Fantastic!!! This pasta salad is so full of wonderful flavors, I could hardly wait for it to marinate! Easy to put together, with just a bit of chopping to do. If you're not sure about loving the sesame oil flavor, I would suggest using less to start and adding the rest after you taste. I didn't have any macadamia nuts so left it out. Hope you don't mind Tish, but this was just great without them.