Spicy Chicken and Dumplings
- Ready In:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 -10 potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 3 cups water (depending on pan size)
- 1 tablespoon mccormick's szechwan seasoning (adjust to desired heat)
- 1 tablespoon weber's kick'n chicken seasoning (adjust to desired heat)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Slice the chicken and potatoes into 2 inch chunks. Combine the chicken, potatoes, cream of chicken, chicken broth, and both seasonings in a large pan. Judge by the size of your pan how much more water need be added. Set stove top burner to medium and let it cook for about 30 minutes. Check on softness of potatoes. Once the potatoes are close to soft or are soft turn the heat up to high. In a bowl combine the bisquick and milk. Stir to doughy ball forms. When the soup pan is boiling spoon small eat spoon sizes of the Dumplings into the pot. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Continuosly stirring and dunking the dumplings under the broth. Dumplings when done will have a fluffy, doughy outer edge but the center will look like a cooked biscuit. Turn off heat and let set for 5 to 10 minutes for the soup to thicken. Then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!