Another good mix to serve at parties.
- Ready In:
- 1 egg white
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb whole almond, with skins
- Beat egg white in small bowl until frothy.
- Add sugar, garlic salt,pepper sauce, ground cumin, chili powder, and almonds.
- Stir to coat almonds evenly and place almonds in single layer in greased, shallow baking pan.
- Bake in 275F oven 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Store in airtight container up to 3 weeks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made these for a pairing at a beer, wine, and bourbon tasting for a formal event. They got rave reviews. People were a little intimidated when I told them the ingredients, but once they tried them they came back for more. I was a worried they were going to be too spicy, as in hot, because I used a habanero hot sauce, but they were flavorful, not spicy hot. I'll be making more of these to give as gifts for the holidays.