Spent Grain Cheddar Scones
photo by Queen Dana
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup spent grain
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix wheat, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix in spent grain, honey, cheddar and cut in butter.
- Mix in buttermilk and egg.
- Pat or roll & cut into scones and bake 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love trying new dishes. For me, food is a way of experiencing the world without leaving my home, and I'm hoping that as my two sons get older that I can convince them to come with me on my culinary adventures.