This substantial tortilla is delicious hot or cold. Cut it into chunky wedges and serve for supper or a light lunch.The addition of spicy chorizo and tangy cheese gives it a wonderful, rich flavor. Found it on spain-recipes.com
1. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a 8-inch non-stick frying pan and fry the sausage until golden brown and cooked through. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
2.Add a further 2 tbsp oil to the pan and fry the potatoes and onions for 2-3 minutes, turning frequently (the pan will be very full).
3.Cover tightly and cook over a gentle heat for about 30 minutes turning occasionally, until softened and slightly golden.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, parsley, cheese, sausage and plenty seasoning.
5. Gently stir in the potatoes and onions until coated, taking care not to break up the potato too much.
6. Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper and heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil.
7. Add the potato mixture and cook, over a very low heat, until the egg begins to set. Use a metal spatula to prevent the tortilla from sticking and allow the uncooked egg to run underneath.
8. Preheat the grill (broiler) to high. When the base of the tortilla has set, which should take about 5 minutes, protect the pan handle with foil and place the tortilla under the grill until it is set and golden.
9.Cut into wedges and serve garnished with parsley.