Spaghetti With Ham and Eggs
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb ham, cooked, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook spagetti.
- Melt butter in skillet; add ham.
- Drain spagetti; add to ham mixture.
- Add the beaten eggs IMMEDIATELY; the heat from the spagetti will cook the eggs.
- Add cream and Parmesan cheese; toss.
- Put lid on skillet; let set for 5 minutes to fully cook the eggs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A nice carbonara type dish. I prefer using bacon, and also used low fat cream to keep the old calories down a bit.<br/>I didn't need to cover mine to get the eggs to cook, just tossed it around well and the hot pasta did the job.<br/>A good weekday family supper, that we all enjoyed.<br/>Made for PRMR.
We've made this recipe for years. We substitute diced cooked bacon for the ham. I use a glass covered Correlleware dish. to keep the heat in It should take 3-5 minutes to cook IF you add all the ingredients when they are piping hot and keep it covered. If the eggs are undercooked, finish cooking in the microwave.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"