Spaghetti Pie II
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl beat eggs. Add the grated cheese and stir to break up clumps.
- Add salt if you use it and the freshly ground black pepper (the coarser the pepper, the better).
- Add the spaghetti and mix until it is coated with the egg/cheese mixture.
- Heat your frying pan (I prefer a black iron pan).
- When very hot add your extra virgin olive oil.
- Coat the pan generously and pour in the pasta mixture.
- While it is cooking push the edges in toward the center of the pan. This will compact the "pie" and keep it intact later.
- When the bottom side of pie is GOLDEN BROWN place a plate on top of the frying pan and flip the pie into the plate.
- Then slide the pie back into pan golden side up. When the bottom side has cooked carefully transfer the pie to a plate to cool. Enjoy this Sicilian pasta omelette. Makes approximately 8 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am from Andover, Ma. We have a place in Maine where we spend most of the summer. I have a wonderful husband in my life that I thank God for everyday. I love to cook and bake. It relaxes me. And I love it when I see the smiles on peoples faces when they love what I have cooked. Thanks to all of you and your recipes this happens alot!</p>