Spaghetti Al Limone
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted from Light & Healthy 2012 by America's Test Kitchen. The zest keeps the lemon from becoming washed.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teasoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely grated shallots
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large dutch oven. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 3/4 cups cooking water, drain pasta into colander and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the now-empty pan and heat over medium heat until shimmering. Add the shallot and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Whisk 1 1/2 cups of reserved past cooking water and cream into pot; bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Remove pot from heat, return pasta and stir until coated. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, the lemon zest, juice, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Cover and let pasta stand 2 minutes, tossing frequently and adjusting consistency with remaining 1/4 cup reserved pasta water, if necessary. Stir in basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve, drizzling individual portions with oil and sprinkling with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION