Southwestern Corn Fritters
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (Go habanero, if you're really brave.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add corn and cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add red pepper and jalapeno and cook for another couple of minutes. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the cilantro. Do not discard the oil.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the cumin, salt and pepper, then stir into vegetables.
- Using the same oiled skillet, drop heaping spoonfuls of the corn mixture into the oil. Cook for a minute or two on each side, until browned. Once cooked on both sides, remove from the pan and drain on paper towels before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!