Smoky Hoisin-Glazed Chicken
I love chicken. It is so versatile and fits into most any diet plan. You can have it sweet, hot, spicy, cold, fried, baked, grilled...the possibilities are endless! I found this in a mag. at the dr's office and copied it down. I want to try it very bad, but have to wait to get to market, as I've never used Hoisin sauce before. I'll update this when I do try it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 chicken legs-thighs
- 4 teaspoons butter, at room temp
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons smoked paprika (regular is okay if you don't have smoked)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup prepared Italian vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the butter, paprika, and pepper and rub on the chicken. Combine the hoisin sauce and Italian dressing and set aside.
- Rig a wire cooling rack on top of a 9x13 pan if you don't have a rack that comes with your roasting pan. Roast until the meat registers 180 degrees, about 1 hr., depending on the chicken. Baste generously with the sauce twice with the hoisin mix twice during the last 20 minutes of roasting.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I made this today for the cookathon in memory of Amy (Redneck Epicurean). It is such an easy recipe to prepare - perfect for weeknight meals. In addition, it is very tasty. I only made a half recipe as there were only two of us for dinner tonight but wish I'd have made an extra breast to take for lunch tomorrow. I used Hungarian paprika as I didn't have smoked paprika but it still smelled and tasted wonderful. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe, Amy, and I hope you had a chance to try it yourself before you were taken from us.:(